A. Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice
This notice is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) (“Privacy Notice”). It explains the type of data we collect or have collected and how we collect the data, the purposes of processing such data, the parties we disclose or have disclosed the data to, and the choices available to you including how to access and correct such personal data.
B. Personal Data that we collect from you
When you engage with us, we would or may need to or may collect, record, hold, store, use and/or carry out any operation including organising, consulting on, or disclosing (“process”) your personal data which may include the following (“Personal Data”):- Name, national registration identification card number, passport number, photograph, e-mail address, postal address, age, telephone number, mobile number, bank account details, gender, nationality, or alleged commission of an offence.
C. How we collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data through several methods which include but are not limited to:-
(a) information or comments you have provided to us by whatsoever means and/or in whatsoever manner;
(b) information obtained independently by us or given to us from other lawful sources.
D. Purposes for which we process Personal Data
We process your Personal Data for purposes that may include:
(a) for and/or in connection with the conduct of business and provision of services;
(b) for and/or in connection with complying with laws and regulations including requirements of any government or quasi-government or regulatory authorities or court of law; and
(c) for and/or in connection with all other purposes necessary and/or incidental to our business and all purposes necessary for or related to any of the above purposes.
E. To whom we disclose Personal Data to
1. When processing your Personal Data, we may disclose such Personal Data to the following persons including but without limitation to:
(a) departments within our Company;
(b) our auditors, lawyers, consultants, insurers, proposed insurers, advisers, bankers, agents, third-party service providers, or business partners ;
(c) government or quasi-government and regulatory authorities in Malaysia and in countries where we, our auditors, lawyers, advisers, bankers, agents, third-party service providers, or business partners have a presence or require approvals or are required to submit such information;
(d) all other persons or bodies who provide us with services necessary and/or incidental to our business.
2. We may process your Personal Data including contacting you for the purpose(s) stated herein via telephone calls, text messaging, emails, cross-platform mobile messaging applications, posts, facsimile, social media, or by whatsoever form of available modes of communication.
F. Accessing and updating your Personal Data
1. Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data upon payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date unless compliance is refused under the Act. We will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request. We may also exercise our discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new data to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
2. You may also withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data and the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your Personal Data.
3. Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still process your Personal Data under circumstances permitted by law.
G. We update our Privacy Notice from time to time
We review and update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect the changes in law and business practices. We would advise you to obtain the latest version of our Privacy Notice by contacting us or visiting our website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest version. By continuing to instruct us after communication of our latest Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have accepted and consented to the revision and update contained therein.
H. Personal Data of third parties
You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the person(s) whose personal data may be given to us by you or identified from your Personal Data which may be processed by us for the purposes stated herein including disclosure to the parties stated herein.
I. Your consent
Please take note that by giving us your consent, you hereby agree with and consent to us processing/continuing to process your Personal Data in accordance herewith.